Last Updated on October 3, 2022 by bilal
Are you looking for some great cleaning tips for your microfiber towels? Here we provide you with this basic guideline of making your softest and luxurious microfiber towel get rid of dust, debris, and unclean particles to protect it’s luxury and plushness. Microfiber cloth is a great cleaning tool for your house and all automotive detailing.
It is way much better than cotton towels due to its excellent absorbency, plushness, and microfibers. Microfiber towels are much easier to be taken care of than other clothes. If you follow these simple steps, your microfiber towels can last for decades. Isn’t it amazing? Also, you can wash it 500 times for years to come.
In this article, you will get the handiest tips for washing your microfiber towels for a spotless and unsoiled towel using effective methods. So without any further ado, let dive into it!
How to wash microfiber towels by hand?
According to the specialists of the Grove Collaborative, it is highly recommended to wash your microfiber towels with the most convenient way of using your hands. The best way to wash microfiber towels is to be gentle with them. Washing machines could be damaging for the quality and fibres of the microfiber towels. The research also says that hot water or warm water could result in effective washing.
For a good wash, you need to rinse the microfiber towel in hot water. After this step follows detergent in which you would soak the microfiber towel cloth for around 30 minutes. After this step, you can add white vinegar (also known as distilled vinegar) to the wash to prevent it from reducing colour and whitening, brightening and softening the material from harsh chemicals. Finally, rinse it with pure water and let it be air dry for perfect results!
What is Microfiber?
Microfibers are a game changer! The composition of microfiber is complex, comprised of Polyester and Polyamides. The former component is integral for removing wax, aids in scrubbing and maintaining a long-lasting polished effect on the microfiber towel. In contrast, the latter provides sufficiency for absorption and rigidness to the quality of microfiber towels.
Further into it, these minute, delicate fibres can swap heavy dust particles and debris along with them. That is why their absorbency and cleaning are the best and can be preferred over other types of cotton fibres. These microfibers strands are the softest and about 1/100th of the diameter of natural human hair.
How to wash microfiber towels for cars?
Do you know microfiber towels are temperature resistant? Yes. It means if you wash them in cold water, this may not work effectively; however, if you heat the water to the boiling point, this may cause damage to your microfiber towel. To wash a microfiber towel, it is essential to know that you can replace the washing detergent with vinegar. Vinegar is beneficial and helps maintain the shape and the quality of the fabric of your microfiber towel. So here we are going to discuss some great washing tips that will boost your experience of washing your microfiber towels for every wash.
How to wash microfiber towels with vinegar – is quite simple! Washing towels with vinegar is not new in the market; however, there are specific ways that you must take care of, like using the right amount of vinegar and when to use it. Vinegar helps to strengthen the absorbing power of your microfiber towels.
If you bought a new towel, you might have noticed that they are so soft and plush. It is because of the fabric softeners used in their manufacturing. These softeners reduce the water soaking ability of these new microfiber towels, resulting in partial wash or uncleanliness. The best way to wash a microfiber towel is to wash it using vinegar. What do you need to do?
- Initially, rinse your microfiber towels with warm or hot water. Washing microfiber towels with dawn dish soap gives desirable results.
- After the towels are properly rinsed, cut the amount of that detergent in half.
- Note that always assemble all the similar colour towels and wash them using half amount of detergent.
- After cutting the detergent to half, add another half cup of vinegar to the cycle.
- Vinegar will prevent the colours from fading and also remove the residue of the detergent.
- Don’t worry about that pungent smell of vinegar. The smell will get removed after a few minutes. So you don’t need to rewash the towels under the sink.
Washing Tip: How to wash microfiber towels with vinegar so they become soft? It is so easy! In the first cycle, use a cup of white vinegar to wash the microfiber towel but (no use of detergent). In the second cycle, in the same hot water, add half a cup of baking soda. Then, leave the towels to dry, and you get your results! The microfiber towel will feel new and softest.
Deep cleaning microfiber towels with vinegar
You might have noticed that microfiber towels do not work effectively even after being washed multiple times. Yes. It happened. The reasons could vary from situation to situation. Sometimes, it happens due to excessive softeners, or the towel might get exposed to heavy dust. At this time, you need to consider a deep cleaning procedure for your microfiber towels:
- First of all, add 2/3 of the water to a large pot and bring it to the point of boiling.
- Now, let the boiling water have a couple of ounces of plain white vinegar.
- Collect all the towels that need deep cleaning and add them one by one to the pot. Make sure the towels do not rest at the edge of the pot, so keep stirring it constantly.
- Stir the towel for a minute or a half, and then rinse them in cold water.
- You can now wash the towels like in a regular cycle.
- The results will be excellent! Now your microfiber towels will look new. And if your towels do not perform well even after the deep wash, it’s a sign to replace them with a new one.
Microfiber washing instructions for all machine types – using vinegar
It is another method of washing microfiber clothes using spinning cycles of the washing machine. If you are looking for some good washing tips for microfiber towels using white vinegar, the process goes the same. Repeat the steps as done on a regular laundry cycle.
After the first wash, you will introduce vinegar to your microfiber towels. This part is a MUST for all microfiber cloths. In the second wash and just before the final rinse, you need to add 1 cup of white vinegar into the cycle. The machine will be allowed to mix the vinegar into the microfiber towels.
As you know, vinegar is one of the great rinsing agents. It will remove all the remaining dirt and residue of detergent from the fabric. If you still found any residue wash it once again. Always note that any other smell other than the smell of vinegar indicates that the remaining residue is still there.
Also, if you want to know how a lightly solid microfiber towel is washed?
Read the following topic below!
How to clean lightly solid microfiber towels with vinegar?
Do you need some tips on how to clean lightly solid microfiber towels with vinegar? If you have a lightly solid microfiber towel. Here are some excellent washing tips are given below:
- STEP 01. Prepare a washbasin with some warm and clean water in it.
- STEP 02. Add 1-2 teaspoons of white vinegar into the washbasin and stir.
- STEP 03. Now take one or more towels and soak them into the water.
- STEP 04. Wash the lightly solid microfiber towels gently with your hands.
- STEP 05. After the towel is cleaned, rinse it under cold water thoroughly.
- STEP 06. Now your towel is all set to air dry. The results will be good.
How to wash microfiber towels with chemical guys?
Many people have experience washing microfiber towels, but some also ask about washing microfiber towels with chemical guys – this guide deals with washing microfiber towels using Chemical Guys Microfiber Wash.
How to use it?
- Separate the microfiber towels according to their type.
- Use hot water to wash microfiber towels with Chemical Guys Microfiber Wash.
- For small load – add one ounce for medium load – add two ounces and for large load – add three ounces as per instructions.
- Use machine dryer on a LOW setting.
- AVOID fabric softeners and dryer sheets.
How to wash microfiber cloth for glasses?
Washing a microfiber cloth does not require any particular setting. You can use cold hot, or warm water to wash it. You can wash microfiber cloth for glasses in a heavy or gentle washing cycle. Do not use liquid fabric softener in the dryer. Air dry microfiber cloth for glasses or dry it in the dryer.
How often to wash microfiber cloths?
Microfiber towels should be washed regularly or a day after. Excessive dust and debris could reduce its lifespan.