The market is full of different sizes and types of towels ranging from bath sheets and bath towels to fingertip towels, guest towels, and hand towels. So it can be perplexing to keep track of all their uses and which one to buy for what.
Of all the various kinds of towels, a fingertip towel vs hand towel can be the most confusing because they are almost the same size and have the same function. But these both types of towels offer a specific purpose, and both in-home and offices, it is excellent to have a lot of them available. This segment will discuss fingertip towel vs. hand towel details and explain all their uses and differences.
What Is The Difference Between A Fingertip Towel And A Hand Towel?
The main difference when it comes down to fingertip and hand towels is their size. A Fingertip towel is smaller in size than a hand towel. Both hand towels and fingertip towels are used for drying the hand after some washing up.
Hand towels are mostly seen near any sink, either in the bathroom or kitchen. Some people fold hand towels and put them near the sink or hand them from a towel ring or bar.
Fingertip Towel vs Hand Towel Dimensions
The dimension of the hand towel is 16” to 18” inches in width and 28” to 30” inches in length. Hand towels are much smaller than bath towels, but they are comparatively larger than washcloths and fingertip towels.
Hand towels are made with strong yet soft fabric that withstands frequent washing and use. The dimensions of a fingertip towel are 11 to 18 inches. They are smaller compared to hand towels but bigger than the washcloths. Fingertip towels have a more decorative function, and they are fancier.
Fingertip Towel vs Hand Towel For Bathroom
Hand towels are usually found near the sink, so they can be placed in kitchens and bathrooms to dry the hands after washing your hands. Although fingertip mostly has a decorative function, they are also used to dry your hands.
Fingertip towels are identical in terms of the purpose to guest towels, and fingertip towels are also known as another name that is finger towels. Fingertip towels are folded nicely for the use of guests.
The fingertip towels are available in different fantastic styles and colors with great designs, and they come in a matching set with other towels. They can be used as hand towels to dry hands after using the bathroom or kitchen. They can also be placed near the sinks.
What Are Fingertip Towels Used For?
Fingertip towels are delicate and small towels usually seen in upscale hotels and restaurants and during fancy dinners. They used to be presented with the water bowls used for washing their fingers before and after dinner. But now, they are pretty standard in every household.
- Fingertip towels are used in dinners and at restaurants. Many fine-dining restaurants or establishments rely on fingertip towels for drying the hand and washing at the table after or before the meal. The practice offers a classic and elegant feel to the guests.
- Fingertip towels are put in bathrooms for the use of guests.
- Fingertip towels are also used in the kitchen to dry the hands.
- Fingertip towels are also used in spas, salons, gyms, utility towels, and dusting and cleaning.
What Are Hand Towels Used For?
As the name indicates, hand towels are used for drying the hands after washing or something. These towels are more miniature than a bath towel, and they are essential in bathrooms and kitchens. They are ideal for drying your face after washing and wiping the face. Be careful to use a clean towel.
- Hand towels are used in bed and breakfast as well as in hotels for the use of guests. Usually, every hotel has hand towels depending upon the guest in a room. Hotel hand towels have luxurious feels, and they are of high and plush quality.
- Hand towels are also present in health clubs and gyms so that the members can wipe their hands and face after a wash or workout. Because hand towels have a good size, they are ideal for health clubs and gyms.
- Sports rooms also have tons of hand towels available in the locker rooms for the players to use. They are often carried by the players on the field so that they can wipe their sweat.
- Hand towels can also be found in spas and salons because they are ideal for employees to use during different client beauty services like manicures and facials.
- Hand towels are also used in offices and homes.
Fingertip Towel vs Hand Towel Material
When it comes to the material of a fingertip towel, it is usually made of cotton blend or cotton because cotton is the most moisture-absorbing material. Hand towels are also made with standard cotton. Various types of cotton are used to manufacture hand towels kike Turkish cotton, Egyptian cotton, and Xinjiang cotton.
Although hand towels and fingertip towels seem the same, they have a noticeable difference in size. A hand towel is bigger in dimensions than a fingertip towel. Both are used to dry hands, but fingertip towels can also be used for decoration. Both hand towels and fingertip towels are used in homes, offices, spas, salons, gyms, and restaurants.