Can you wash towels with sheets? A short answer is yes! As you all know, we all invest in the best towels to experience the luxury and the softest and fluffiest fabric around our bodies. This experience can last forever if you just follow these simple steps to wash towels in the right way. These washing hacks will protect your towel’s plushness and make it comfortable as they were ever before.
Prewashing tip – The best way to wash towels is to wash them in a separate cycle or wash them after washing your regular laundry. It will save your fabric threads from getting damaged. Here’s is how you can do it!
How Often Can You Wash Towels With Sheets?
- Separate light and dark towels: The first thing to learn is to load your washing machine into two individual spinning cycles. The towels have excellent absorbency. It would be best to wash lighter coloured towels separately as they are at risk of dying coloured towels, resulting in picking up different colours.
- Never overload the washing machine: Do not overload the washing machine with a boatload of towels. The towels do not become clean this way. The key to remember is that a typical front-loading washing machine can bear load up to seven-bath towels, whereas a top-loading machine carries a load of 10 towels per cycle.
- Use of less detergent: It is essential to know that excessive detergent could be damaging for towels. Use about half the amount of any detergent you would like, as it will hold the plushness and freshness of your towels.
- Add bleach (optional): If your towel has stains and oily patches, it is desirable to clean them off with bleach. ALWAYS use chlorine or colour-safe bleach for white towels. DO NOT wash the coloured towels with chlorine bleach, as this mistake will fade out the beautiful colours from the towels.
- Washing Machine Cycle: You can wash your towels in a regular wash of the machine as it is more appropriate to clean the dirt and bacteria from the fabric fibres of your luxurious towels.
- What temperatures are most suitable for light and dark coloured towels: All light coloured towels (including white) should be washed using hot water cycles as they will brighten up the colours. However, warm cycle settings are the best suitable for dark coloured towels.
- Remove excess water before drying: Before you put the towels to get dry, shake out the excess water from the towels as it will speed up the drying process giving towels a clean, fresh, softer look
How Can You Wash Towels And Sheets Together? – Is It Safe?
Can you wash towels with sheets? If you are doing this already! Stop there.The simple answer is no. It is not a good idea to wash your dirty sheets and towels in the same laundry. We have many reasons to convince – firstly, it’s essential to know that towels and sheets have different fabric weights. Where towels are made of heavy cotton terry cloth, sheets, on the other hand, have a thinner percale cotton fabric. Due to this reason, towels take more time to get washed and completely dry, whereas sheets can take only 30 minutes or less to get dry.
Another reason is that the sheer design of sheets is problematic as they ball up every other cloth inside them. You cannot wash sheets with clothes and towels together because they can quickly ball up inside the sheets, due to which they would not get properly washed, and partial dryness could also make your towels get mildew on them.
Should You Wash Towels With Clothes?
You probably wonder why wash towels separately? Most of the reviews about washing towels with clothes says it isn’t a good idea! Towels are high lint producers. If you wash new towels with your delicate garments, they would be at an increased risk of getting all huddled up with lint, which will destroy your cloth, and it will feel old and worn.
Another logic is that you cannot wash towels and clothes in the same wash cycle because towels need a hot long wash cycle to get properly washed and free from dirt and bacteria. You cannot wash them in the normal cycle.
Can You Dry Your Sheets At High Temperatures?
Never wash your sheets in high-temperature settings! Bed sheets occupy enough rooms to get washed, so it is preferable to wash them in a separate load; however if you still want to add clothes with sheets. Be selective to add only light weighted and similar coloured clothes. Always wash your sheets in a low setting. Do not heat them! High temperature wrinkled the sheets and weakened the fabric. Dry your sheets with low heat as high temperatures could shrink your beautiful cotton sheets.