There is nothing worse than a stinky odor coming from your kitchen cloths and towels. It is very common that your kitchen towels to smell bad. As they are used more often for cleaning purposes and are not washed more frequently so they get stinky.
Are Your Kitchen Towels Not White Anymore?
There can be many reasons if your white towels are not white and it has lost their whiteness. Many stains don’t go even after washing and it remains there. For towels with heavy stains use bleach-based products. Wash your towels with hot water. You can still soak them with warm water and vinegar first but you should also use your hot water. Wash your towels with hot water. You can still soak them with warm water and vinegar first but you should also use your hot water setting on your washer.
Stains on towels.
Towels are made to absorb water as they do but except for the water they absorb many different liquids which leave stains. Some stains are easy to wash whereas some are hard.
Steps for Washing Kitchen Towels.
Change your kitchen towel regularly and wash the one which has been used.
Don’t wash it with water only.
Add bleaching agents to get rid of stains and bad odour.
Don’t mix towels with any other laundry.
- Soak them in a bucket of warm water and vinegar for about 15 minutes. Sprinkle in about 1 tablespoon of baking soda. These
- If your dishcloths/towels are white, add bleach to wash them.
- Never leave your towels in the washing machine overnight or Always
- Make sure that you keep your kitchen dry and clean. Your towels will pick up the smell in the air and from moisture.
- Always hang up your dish towels to dry between uses. Never hang towels on top of one another as this will make it difficult for them to dry fully and get air in between.
How To Choose Towels?
It is very important to know the below points while purchasing towels online.
Size really matters.
- While ordering towels online makes sure you select the one which is lighter in weight. Weight is usually measured in GMS (Grams per Meter Square). The heavier the towel, the more time it will take to get dry. The towel with a lighter weight will dry out faster.
- While purchasing towels online, do select the one with cotton material as it suits every skin type. It is pure and absorbs a good amount of water.
While purchasing towels online make sure that you buy towels that absorb a good amount of water. The only reason which makes towels different is the time it takes in drying out.
- Towels with lighter weight dry faster than the towels with heavyweight.
While purchasing towels online make sure you buy towels of good Fabric that can be used several times.
Do you have linen towels in your home that you’re wondering how to care for?
If you have chosen linen towels for your kitchen then you need to take a few steps for its cleaning.
Linen towels make a good addition to any home. They are more functional. It’s the best alternative to the cotton towel. But linen towels appear dirty more quickly so it is very important to clean towels.
Linen towels are made up of good Fabric and taking good care of them and keeping them clean can be a very tricky task. If you don’t care and clean them you will end up replacing them.
In order to take good care of your linen towels and keep them away from dirt and germs, you need to give them a good wash.
Check out this guide to learn how to take proper care of your linen towels.
Washing Linen Towels
While purchasing towels online if you have chosen linen towels then here are a few steps to wash them.
Linen is a fabric that can be washed in a machine or by hand the only thing you need to take care of is how you wash them. Wash them at a normal temperature and while washing them add some bleaching agent to get rid of dirt.
Rinse them properly so in this way they will dry fast.
If you end up having damage to your linen towels after wash, change them right away.
Similarly, if cotton towels have been chosen the whole purchase then it also requires fewer steps.
Steps for Washing Cotton Towels.
- Don’t mix it with another laundry.
- Change them immediately once they get dirty.
- Don’t keep them overnight in a machine.
- Before washing, soak them in warm water and add some drops of bleaching agent while washing.
- Wash white towels separately and don’t mix them with a coloured towel.
Tips For Organising Kitchen
Here are a few tips for organising the kitchen.
- Everyone wants a clean and attractive kitchen so, in order to make it look that way follow these tips.
- Make use of your walls.
- Keep a cabinet of towels below your counter so, that you can easily replace dirty towels with a clean ones.
- Keep a laundry bucket in one of your kitchen corners for the dirty and sticky towels.
- Always hang your towel after wiping your counter and hands.
- Use more than one towel.
- Don’t use the same towel for multi-purpose.
- Keep every towel separately.
- Towels for dishes
- Always keep a towel for the dishes and pans and clean them before using.
- Make shelves in the kitchen and keep things in an appropriate manner. Don’t keep things overlapping.
- Organise cabinets and pantries for the stuff.
- Always keep the counter clean and make a specific corner for use. In this way, you don’t have to clean the whole of your kitchen on a daily basis and you will get rid of stains and other liquid from specific. After using clean your counter with a towel so that there won’t be any stickiness on your counter. Don’t keep wet towels with dry towels.
- Don’t keep paper towels near water.
- After using paper towels in your kitchen garbage them immediately in the dustbin.
- Don’t keep your towel buckets full of towels, wash them as soon as they get stained.
- Try to avoid washing stained towels by hand.
- Keep a good soap for washing hands.
- Wash your dishes properly and dry them out.
- Replace your towels every day in this way you can get rid of spreading germs.
Tips For Washing Hands
As we all know the hands get touched everywhere and we don’t know from where the germs can get on to them. So, always keep your hands clean. Wash them regularly with a good soap or hand wash for about 20 to 30 seconds. Dry them out properly. Keep a good sanitiser with you always.
Always wash your clothes properly. Never mix them with any dirty clothes. Keep them separately. Dirt comes from everywhere and your hands are the first thing to get in contact with. It can get dirty very fast. In order to get a good and healthy lifestyle always take precautions and safety measures.